We receive questions each week asking us why we use the PayPal payment gateway to process all credit, debit, bank invoice and PayPal payments in our Facebook Store application. We recognize that there are hundreds of payment processor options that may be available for our clients across the globe. This made our selection very challenging. Ultimately, we focused our offering to make it simple for our sellers, allow them to process the largest volume of sales and to have success selling as quickly as possible with their Facebook shop.
Below we have outlined why we think the Facebook Shop with the PayPal payment gateway is the best solution that we can provide to our clients.
- Security – after detailed analysis we felt the ability for PayPal to store the payment information in their vault provided the highest level of security for our clients in the event of a hacker. Many competitive solutions store the information within the app providers’ servers – higher risk in event of a hacking incident.
- Process the most sales – external research and our own testing and experience demonstrate that use of the credit/debit/PayPal combination can raise the average sales per store per month from 5 to 15%.
- Easy of start-up – all you need to begin processing payments in your store is the email address you use to log into your PayPal account. The start-up process is simple, quick and secure. This is significantly easier than integrating other payment gateways.
- Highest approval levels for sellers – for our sellers PayPal has a simple application and approval process making it easy for our sellers to begin selling.
- Quick access to money – sellers have access to their payments within PayPal immediately and within a day or two if they transfer the funds to a bank account. Some competitive processors take days or even up to a week to provide funds to the seller.
Success for our sellers is defined by a quality experience and increased sales. The PayPal gateway provides a great solution for our sellers and their buyers to enhance the benefits and features of the ShopTab social commerce application.
It is important to note that ShopTab can integrate with external websites and market places via our Facebook Shop e-commerce URL integration and also can set up the Facebook shop as a Cash on Delivery (no processed payment) store.
We recently read this blog post about the value of using PayPal or Stripe and it provided a great comparison – https://hostingfacts.com/paypal-vs-stripe-payment-solution-best-website/.