Making sure your Facebook business/fan page is optimized for your brand and to represent your products and services, if you have a Facebook Store, is always essential throughout the year. With the start of a new year comes a chance to develop a fresh start for your social engagement strategies.
Below are our top four ideas for a fresh Facebook page.
1) One of the most important elements to your Facebook business/fan page and Facebook store is branding with your images. The prime real estate on the Facebook page is the cover photo, the profile image, the Facebook app tabs, and your Facebook Shop banner image.
- The key take away for this part of your fan page is to make sure you have imagery that reflects your brand to the best of its ability
- Put the images in the right size for each image with this quick guide from Jon Loomer.
2) There is a little section below your profile image that is labeled the “about” section. Sometimes this space is abandoned and over looked by many Facebook users. Not anymore, the about section is now going to play a more important part in your Facebook marketing then ever before. With the announcement of a new and improved Facebook search being released, the “about” section will aid in your “searchability” for fans and customers alike.
- To optimize your about section to perform at peak performance be sure to read the following blog by State of Search.
- For more information on Facebook’s new search release and what it means for your marketing Jon Loomer sums it up best.
3) Now that you have the upfront branding on your Facebook page taken care of don’t forget to carry it throughout your timeline layout. We’re talking about the information that you post and share to your fans.
- Add milestones to your timeline! Let your fans know when your business started and any major events that have occurred. People engage with imagery so be sure to find great images to match with your milestones.
- Post your products. This is a VERY important part of your social marketing.
- Create a social commerce engagement plan for the content that will go into your timeline daily.
4) Remember to bring the New Year cleaning to your Facebook Shop as well.
- Update your store banner with new imagery for the New Year. Also make sure you have it sized for max optimization and clarity. We recommend 810 X 110 for the best look.
- If our default tab icon doesn’t fit your branding, change it! You can place your own tab icon on your timeline. You can change the name of the tab too.
- Lastly, go through your products. Maybe re-think the amount of products you have on that page, or update your categories to bring new products to the front of the store.
Now that we’ve given you our take on cleaning house for your best Facebook store, move on to developing the depth of your online conversations and don’t forget to sprinkle in discussion and promotion about your products!