In the last week or so we’ve had fantastic feedback from some of our new clients using our Facebook Shop. One retailer indicated he sold more with his Facebook store in two weeks than he had with his website in over six months. The other told us she sold-out her inventory within 48 hours on a product special. And another said he sold over $100 in product in less than a week and only has 15 fans for his store! We love to hear this kind of news and it prompted us to write this week to help some of our PayPal Checkout clients to creatively use their store to increase revenue by driving urgency, awareness and opportunities for their fans, friends and new prospects.
Most of our recent social research validates that clients like to learn about your company and its products AND that they view social channels as a great opportunity find deals, unique offerings and to share these with their friends. Don’t let them down! We’ll outline three ideas that you can use to increase the engagement with you clients and help you to drive revenues.
Who doesn’t like free shipping? In many cases this can save your client 5 to 10% on their purchase. We suggest the following to make this work for your store:
– Turn off your shipping costs in ShopTab listings or PayPal (depending on where you have them set). Find video details on setting your shipping here.
– Put a banner on your store header highlighting your offer. Also, highlight the offer on your Facebook page.
– Use the “PROMOTE” button to highlight a product to your news feed and the free shipping period of time.
– Let your fans know that this is only available through your Facebook Fan Shop.
Again, shipping is a great incentive to help upsell a client. We’ve seen great calls to action around buying more than one product to get free shipping.
– Update your shipping charges for “By Quantity” to reflect free shipping of 2 or more product purchases. Make this setting active.
(PayPal Shipping Configuration above)
– Update your header/banner for the store highlighting the opportunity to for your clients and prospects to remind them on every page to buy more than one product.
Discount your Price
– While there isn’t a way for PayPal to discount the prices, you can set the price to your “sale” price inside of ShopTab’s admin.
– Create your messaging in the product title with a description – “Black Dress – 35% off until Thursday” and in the description field.
– Set your inventory levels correctly so you don’t oversell what you don’t have in stock.
(update your listing)
(set inventory levels in the listing)
There are all kinds of ways to promote specific products or even all products in your store. We like these ideas but know that you probably have implemented even better ideas. Let us know what you have done to create opportunities with your clients. Good Selling!