What is the best possible way for you to reach your fans inside of Facebook with your Facebook Shop? Simple, with a Facebook post that shows up in their news feed! According to Facebook expert, Jay Baer, 48% of users check their Facebook news feed more than once a day. That means that your fans live in their news feed. They’re typically not checking your business/fan page on a daily basis to see what you’ve posted; they’re waiting for your updates to show up in their NEWS FEED. So in order to create a presence with your fan base and their friends you need to promote your products. This is as simple as one click for ShopTab users.
Our “Promote” button is located within each product listing in ShopTab’s admin and is the best promotional tool available to you. With one click on the “Promote” link you can enter the promotional text you want to appear with the product in your post. Snap! Your post goes live on your Facebook business/fan page and into your fan’s news feed – all in one simple step.
It is important to remember that we don’t want to come off selling too hard – we want to create conversation and engagement. Below are some ideas on great ways to create creative engagement around your product posts from our Social Commerce Strategy document:
- Introduce products on Facebook first, offer a special deal for these early users. Create urgency by defining a short time period for the offer.
- Your Facebook store is an opportunity to present something different than what is on your website. Leverage this concept in your pricing, packaging and offers.
- Ask a question regarding which product your fans might like best or colors they prefer.
- Create a category called “Best Sellers” or “Most Popular” and feature that category on your first store page.
- You don’t have to put all of your products into your Facebook shop. If you have a fully functioning website then use this as an opportunity to promote “on sale” items by creating a special category for your store or even have it as the only category.
- Promote a specific product, sale item or packaged offering in the header graphic on every page. This graphic may be linked to the website page that supports this promotion.
- Create easy navigation to find your products. Use the “Categories” and “Subcategories” functions to make it easy for your users
- Many stores have provided free shipping as an option only for Facebook fan purchases with a special code or link to a special web checkout page.
We will walk you through the new Promote feature with step-by-step in the images below.
Step 1: Click the Promote button for the product you would like to post in your newsfeed.
Step 2: Type in the text you want to appear with your post. Then click the Send Promotion button.
*Please note the first time you use the Promote feature Facebook may ask for permission to post on your behalf. You will want to click Allow. Also be sure you are logged into your Facebook account that is the admin for your business/fan page you want to post to. If you are an admin for more than one page it will ask you which page you want to post to within the dialog box.
Step 3: You will see a notice in your ShopTab admin that your message was posted.
Step 4: Your post will appear in your fans newsfeed.
Step 5: The post will appear in your business/fan page newsfeed as well.
It’s as easy as that! Now you can post away, but remember don’t spam your fans and always keep the conversation going. People like to buy from businesses that are personable and engaging not “salesly” and pushy.