To some it may seem a bit early to start talking about, but the holiday shopping season is just around the corner. It’s time to start thinking about how your business will prepare for the rush of online shoppers to ensure it gets a proper piece of the pie.
Over the next few weeks ShopTab will roll out a variety of articles focused around helping eCommerce stores improve their marketing and social shopping tactics in time for the holidays. Today we are highlighting some of the many things Etailers can do to optimize their websites and marketing efforts to help draw in extra customers and holiday revenue this season.
- Take a fresh look at your shipping policies – consider free shipping or holiday discounts on orders over a certain dollar amount
- Use special holiday offers to showcase particular products and increase purchases
- Leverage social media in fun and unique ways to promote your store and ongoing promotions
- Offer exclusive promotions to your Facebook and Twitter followers
- Promote your Facebook store to increase traffic to your website and boost revenue
Start Adjusting Your Online Marketing Efforts
- Remind customers the holidays are coming – spread some joy!
- Focus your newsletters around holiday oriented deals and notifications
- Optimize your website and blog’s keywords for holiday targeted themes and productsDon’t skimp on the PPC ad bids.
- Everyone is facing increased rates for PPC bids during the holidays
- Consider including gift wrapping and gift cards as an option to customers in the checkout process.
- Go the extra mile – It’s the little extra services that can help make an impression and help keep your customers happy
Optimize Your Site For Holiday Conversions
- Blog and discuss the holiday topics your fans are interested in talking about! This will help draw extra attention to your store through search and social.
- Test, Test, Test! Analyze your website from a consumer perspective
- Make sure your featured products are highlighted on your homepage in an attractive design
- Ensure everything with your website is working correctly – No 404 error codes!
- Most importantly, check that your shopping cart is working properly
Keep an eye out for more holiday related articles every week from our eCommerce blog and on our Facebook page. Comment or shout out on Facebook to let us know what you are doing to prepare for the holiday rush!
Image Source: The Digerati Life