NOTE: On 5/5/12 ShopTab Released a Fully Integrated Facebook Store Solution with PayPal Checkout.
Getting started with a new business in today’s digital world is no easy task. When deciding on where and how they will sell their products and services, an entrepreneurs’ head can spin getting lost in the storm of marketing options, website set-up, payment systems, inventory management and social media. In many cases, new merchants to selling online bypass traditional options like a website or established marketplace outlets like Ebay, Amazon or Etsy by starting their commerce strategy with a Facebook Shop. We see evidence of this strategy in action every day for many small retailers and for new retailers in emerging economies who don’t have the historical investment or experience in managing these traditional approaches.
We like to call these emerging online retailers “micro-merchants” since they are typically new to online selling and are testing to see if they can create a viable channel for their products. A social network like Facebook is a fertile starting point when you have interested fans and followers on your business page. While ShopTab has traditionally optimized our delivery of Facebook selling by connecting to existing website stores or marketplaces, we recognize that creating a simple to deploy and fully integrated payments option is critical for these types of merchants. One of the solutions that have demonstrated great results for our micro-merchant clients is TinyPay.me. We had a number of clients create a store in a matter of minutes for the recent holiday season putting them in business for the first on their Facebook page for this critical selling season.
The value of this unique solution:
- ShopTab deploys the key social selling and sharing tools (Likes, Comments, and Tweets) that will drive product awareness and revenue conversions with your fans and follower base.
- TinyPay is a free hosting service for PayPal that can be set up in less than two minutes. PayPal payments continue to be recognized as a leading option for online merchants and customers throughout the world supporting many currencies and languages.
- You can sell digital goods like MP3’s, e-books or software via the combined solution
- As the retailer experiences success, ShopTab allows them to direct product sales to other marketplaces for even broader distribution.
Different than a social store with a simple payment cart inside of the Facebook page, this solution brings a higher level of prospect development opportunity:
- The solution provides a suitable website purchase destination for prospects not on Facebook. Perfect for prospects that aren’t on Facebook or haven’t found your Facebook page yet.
- Your product listing will be indexed by the search engines (Google, Bing and others) when users are searching for products – something that can’t be done with a listing inside of Facebook.
- TinyPay has options to allow your products to be added to other marketplaces – creating additional reach to new prospects
Quickly Set up your Facebook Shop with PayPal
The process to set-up your store couldn’t be simpler. You will create your account on TinyPay.me. If you have a PayPal account, this will take seconds. If you need a PayPal account, TinyPay will take you to PayPal to complete the step. To connect your TinyPay account to your ShopTab and start selling on Facebook, review out our step-by-step instructional video. If you have any additional questions, please send them to email@example.com or comment below.
ShopTab and TinyPay Sample Store
Dixie Stitch Designs is a good example of this type of deployment. They have set up their TinyPay store to host and sell products, and have leveraged simplicity in their ShopTab store by hosting only one product on Facebook. They have also done a great job customizing their ShopTab store with branded colors and layout features making it attractive and easy for fans to use.
Show us what you have done with your TinyPay and ShopTab store. Comment below or join the conversation on Facebook.