Don’t be a mummy this Halloween season! Take advantage of one of the second most important holidays for retailers according to Armando Roggio with Practical eCommerce. Most retailers treat Halloween as the start of the holiday selling season so don’t miss out on this important opportunity to validate your holiday strategy. Set up your booreffic Facebook shop for Halloween today.
For a few idea starters for this Halloween selling season think about using a Facebook store application to drive traffic to your existing website or use PayPal’s Express Checkout option to reach your social network audience.
- Once you have your Facebook store up and running you will want to engage your fans and there’s no better time to get creative then Halloween! Everyone loves promotion codes and discounts, so create a Halloween themed online promotion code in your shop banner that your customers can enter in your website before checkout.
- Spruce up your Facebook store and ask your fans to post their Halloween costume photos on your page. The best costume wins a prize! Or post your own employees in their Halloween garb and solicit input for the best costume. Not only will it get your customers involved with you and your store but it will provide you great content to use in your Facebook timeline.
- If your products are Halloween related, get your fans to be creative and post photos or videos using your products for the Halloween season. Let them know the most creative one will win either free shipping or a free product with their purchase.
- Get everyone in a howling good mood by posting videos of you and your staff getting into the Halloween spirit around the office. Tie in any products that you used to create the video and let them know you have them discounted in your Facebook shop.
- Starting a few weeks prior to Halloween, share some products with your fans that you think make great gifts.
- Last but not least, update your imagery such as your shop banner and store colors to reflect a festive mood. You can even translate it into your Facebook page as well by updating your cover photo and imagery.
These are just a few ideas to help get you brainstorming on all the social possibilities that selling on Facebook can provide. There is no better time to join the conversations that are “brewing” around Halloween.
Don’t forget it’s the last week to enter our Creature Feature contest. If you think you have a ghoulish idea for ShopTab send it our way with our sweepstakes app on our Facebook page. You will be entered to win a FREE Amazon Kindle or a $100 gift certificate. Last chance to enter will be September 17th, 2012.