December 3, 2013 by Chelsie Ball
The holiday season is an excellent time to share deals and promote products to your customers. A Facebook store can directly benefit your marketing efforts by capturing the revenues that are provided by promoting special offers. We believe you can utilize your Facebook page to drive sales to your Facebook store; the key is knowing how to use your Facebook page to drive sales. There are a few tips you can use to help make this process simpler.
- Schedule posts. You can easily schedule posts out for a specific day and time that you want to share a product or post a promotional offer. This is especially helpful during major holiday shopping days such as Black Friday, Small Business Saturday, and Cyber Monday. The ability to be able to schedule in advance helps you develop your message and you won’t have to worry about forgetting to post your offers. To schedule those out you click on the clock icon that is highlighted below.
- Use product images when posting. We have said it before and we will say it again, photos are of utmost importance when marketing your products. Use your marketing posts to create attention grabbing images that are related to what your customers are looking for. Using unique images will help get your store noticed and encourage customers to share those images and deals.
- Announce restock on a popular item. If you have a product that is flying out of the store let customers know when you are restocking that item. This is a very simple post that can generate a lot of buzz for your store and can create cross selling opportunities. These types of posts work very well inside of the news feed for mobile Facebook users since they can click to buy with one button.
- Promote special offers. You can promote limited time offers on certain products, similar to restock items noted above, which can create cross-selling opportunities in your store. Using a daily deal app can enable you to quickly create these limited time offers and can add deal oriented revenues during important promotion periods.
- Offer free shipping. Offer this on all products or make it based upon a certain purchase price amount (ex: purchases over $50.00) for a selection period of time.
These few quick tips will make a world of difference in the ability to drive sales in your Facebook store. Promotions directly on your Facebook page are a great way to increase revenue and to create brand awareness. Recent research indicates that using your social networks correlates directly with increased sales and customer awareness for your brand. Don’t miss out!
November 25, 2013 by Chelsie Ball
As we are gearing up for Cyber Monday many of us are left wondering how to we let our customers know about our promotions and special offers in our Facebook store app. We believe you can effectively use social media channels to promote your products and your store.
There are several different ways that you implement your promotion strategy through social media. The first one we are going to look at is the different option you have for the promotion of specific products from your Facebook store. Some social selling apps, such as ShopTab, offer an easy “Promote” tool that enables you to feature key deals and products on your Facebook page.
When you view your products in your Facebook store you will also notice there are options to Tweet about your product or to Pin it. When you click the “Tweet” an auto generated message will appear along with the link to your product. Here you can customize your Tweet and quickly post to your Twitter page.
When you click “Pin it” a dialog box will appear that will again enable you to create a message and provide a link to your product. You can add it to one of your current boards or create a new one specifically for your item.
Now that we have taken a look at specifics of what you can do through your Facebook store app we are going to look at a few general rules of thumb to use social media to effectively drive sales to your Facebook store. You need to use your social media channels to be engaging with your customers and fans. According to Social Media Today, there are 3 rules of engagement to be successful in your social selling efforts.
- Don’t focus on sales, provide value. People are on social media to find interesting things, get more information, and to have their questions answered. Answering questions and interacting with your customers is a great way to promote your Facebook store. The most important thing to remember when engaging with people on Facebook is to be authentic. Social users know when you are being yourself and they respond to authenticity.
- Interact and build relationships. Answering questions and providing value to people helps to develop relationships. Using social media gives you a unique opportunity to communicate with people in different geographic areas and enables you to expand your customer base.
- Listen and take in information. By monitoring keywords and conversations you can determine what is relevant on social media and drive new sales to your Facebook store. Social media also enables you to track your competition so that you can effectively compete with them.
We’re in the middle of the holiday selling season; take the time to use social media the correct way and you will realize sales results in this new dynamic sales channel.
- 1. Hall, Amy (2013). 3 Rules of Engagement for Successful Social Selling. Retrieved from http://socialmediatoday.com/amynhall/1917321/3-rules-engagement-successful-social-selling.
November 19, 2013 by Chelsie Ball
Capitalize on the holidays by creating a daily deal using a social daily deal app to provide special offers to your current Facebook fans. You can offer these limited time highly shared posts about your product deals inside of your Facebook page in as little as 2 minutes!
First, download a daily deal app to your Facebook page to get started with your holiday deal. Add the app to your fan page and you can begin to add the product deal. With ShopTab’s product, you are able to add a title, description, and up to four images of your product. ShopTab’s app is called SharedDeal; it functions similarly to the ShopTab full store application.
When you are describing your product you may then choose if there are any variables of the product, such as size or color. You can also choose when the holiday deal will end by selecting a date and time from the calendar provided; you can also choose if you would like to add a countdown clock to your item in the application’s page. After all those options are selected, finalize the deal with the right shipping option for this product.
The product listing will immediately appear in your SharedDeal app within your Facebook fan page. You will notice that there is a countdown clock for when the item will no longer be on sale. This is an excellent feature of the daily deal app to stimulate urgency and let the buyer know that this is a limited time offer. You will also see on this listing that your fans can view the four images of your item and they can easily share this product to some of the most popular social media channels with a simple click of a button.
Social deals are a fantastic way to drive incremental sales during the holidays. Leverage your Fan Page to provide these exclusive deals to your fans and their friends. By creating these unique opportunities to your fans you will inspire them to share your holiday deals and in turn gain more fans and brand awareness for your Facebook store and products.
At this point you can now focus on the promotion of your product. SharedDeal enables you to easily promote your daily deal items with our “Promote” button. When you click this button you will be able to post your item onto your Facebook page along with a catchy message to grab your fans attention.
Once you have added the message that you would like to use to get your fans to click on that item the full listing will appear on your store’s Facebook page. The full promotional posting includes the catchy message that you just created along with an image of the product and the description of the product that you created earlier.
You can follow those steps to create as many holiday daily deals as you would like, and that’s it! You have created your holiday deal in less than 2 minutes!
November 12, 2013 by Chelsie Ball
With the holidays coming up soon you want to determine the best way to sell your products. One effective method is to create a social store using a Facebook store app. Given that we’re halfway through November, many worry they don’t have time to set-up a store; but the truth is you can create a holiday social store in as little as 5 minutes.
To get started you will need to get a Facebook app that will enable you to create your social store, ShopTab, is a great app to use to set up your store. Go onto ShopTab’s Facebook page and “Like” the page, and then click on the app to get started. Follow the prompt to get your business signed up; once you get signed up you will see the admin panel, where you will fill out your profile information.
The next step is to connect the social store app to your business page. Choose the correct Facebook business page that you would like to add the app to and click connect. You can see what this section of the admin panel will look like below.
After you have selected the business page to have the app added, you will be able to set up your Facebook store. You can then choose your currency and pick your store’s checkout cart option (use our integrated cart, connect to an e-commerce site, or use our COD option). On this same tab you will be able to manually add products into your store. Click the “Add Product” tab to get started.
On the “Add Product” tab you can add the name of the product, the price, categorize the item, provide a description of the item, and you can provide 4 images of each item. You can also choose the shipping options for your store on this tab.
When you have completed this tab your first store item will be added. Repeat the process to manually add your other items. You can then keep clicking the “Add Product” tab to add in your other items. Through the process of adding products to your store you can always refer to the help buttons on the right of the screen that are labeled “Installation Guide” and “Set up Shipping and Taxes.”
It is as simple as that, you have all the tools you need to put your holiday social store together in 5 minutes!
November 5, 2013 by Chelsie Ball
The countdown to Black Friday begins! We have less than a month until the biggest shopping day of the year. Black Friday has now become a full weekend of shopping deals with the integration of Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. Your selling opportunities are greater than ever before; make sure that you have a social media plan and your Facebook Store is in top condition to compete.
There are four ways that you can prepare your store so that you are able to capitalize on this major selling weekend. A few key things to remember are:
- Promote your products in your news feed and other social networks
- Showcase your products through images
- Offer special deals and promotions
- Keep a count of your inventory when using an integrated cart in your Facebook store.
Promoting your products has never been easier with the unique “Promote” button offered in the ShopTab app. With this feature you can easily and quickly promote your products on your Facebook page. This is a great way to market your holiday season products and a great way to promote any special deals that you are offering on your products. Once you have clicked the “Promote” button the dialog box below appears and allows you to view the description for your product and it allows you to create a creative marketing message to go along with your product that will appear on your Facebook page. Learn more about how to easily promote your products on your Facebook page.
Using images is the perfect way to showcase your products. You are now able to have 4 product images for each product in your store. This is a great selling point for your items as images are a big influencer in the consumers’ online purchasing decision. You can link to your product images on other sites such as eBay, Amazon, or Etsy; you are also able to directly upload your images into the store if your Facebook store is your primary source of sales.
It is important to offer special deals and promotions. You can even run a daily deal app separate from your ShopTab app to promote those special holiday products. SharedDeal, the daily deal app, makes it just as easy for you to promote your daily deals on your Facebook page. This will help you to gear up for the major shopping weekend and create special deals for your fans.
Being able to track your inventory online is equally as important when you are receiving an influx of orders. Keep in mind this feature is only available when you are using the integrated cart option. It can be overwhelming to keep tabs on your entire inventory on days such as Black Friday when multiple orders can be coming in at the same time. If you use our integrated cart integration, let our Facebook store app keep track of what you still have available. This feature is easy to add to your page and it lets consumers know what is in stock. This creates value for your store in the following ways:
- It sets client expectations; they know how much of each product is available or if there is an item that is out of stock they may look at alternative items in your store to find something similar.
- It creates a sense of urgency in that buyers feel they might miss out on a product if they do not purchase the item right then.
- It also keeps you aware of which products you should be promoting on your business’ Facebook page.
You are able to set the inventory levels quickly and easily in the admin tab of the ShopTab app.
Share what has worked for you to grab attention in your social networks during the holiday rush.