Some clients indicate a desire to create an online catalog for their products without a need to complete an online transaction. Their desire is to show, share and support customers and potential prospects regarding their products or services without the high cost of building a website. We’ve created an option, using our Facebook shop application, which allows an organization to access their fan base with a catalog layout using our optimized desktop and mobile store templates in their fan page.
How to build your catalog
1. Register a ShopTab account and add the app to your page.
- Sign-up for a ShopTab account to support the number of products you want to show in your catalog. Click to see subscription packages for a Facebook Shop.
- Add the app to your Facebook fan page. The system will take you through the Facebook permissions required to add the app to your fan page.
- Default to the website e-commerce integration. This shouldn’t require you to do anything during set-up. We won’t use this functionality but that setting allows us to hide the buy buttons.
2. Configure the store design with these special selections.
So that we show only the product information, as noted in the example images above, you’ll want to follow these specific steps in the “Store Design Options.”
- Go to the Store Design Options Page
- Select to remove the “buy now” link.
- Now we need to make some changes to the colors used in the store. Make the edits as noted below. Use “FFFFFF” for the Buy Now button and the background price bar.
If you desire to eliminate any pricing information, place “FFFFFF” in all fields or just don’t include a price in your product listing.
- If you want to eliminate the price drop down option, you can check the box in Store Design Options to eliminate it.
3. Modify your fan page icon to reflect your catalog.
You can change the app icon on your fan page as noted below to reflect your catalog. You can load an image to replace ShopTab’s cart and rename the tab from “Shop” to “Product Catalog” or whatever makes sense for your page. Your image will need to conform to Facebook’s required 117 X 74 pixel size.
4. Add your product listings.
Click the “Add Product” and load your listings either manually or via a data file.
5. Promote you catalog to your fans and friends.
Use ShopTab’s special promotion features that allow you to highlight items or the entire store to your fans and their friends at no cost. Or you may even want to consider using marketing options from Facebook, such as their paid ads to promote your fan page or the catalog.
Promote your Facebook Store to all desktop and mobile users
If you are using a catalog in your Facebook page, let us know how it works best for you and your organization.